“Prayer Shot” – December summary
On Tuesday 5th December, a small group of Staff Team, Filling Station Hosts and guests, gathered to pray online, led by Simon & Brian.
This morning’s prayer topics were fasting, the persecuted church and a move of prayer. Some of these are spiritual disciplines which are to shape us, not punish us. We want to learn what the value is in these.
The Filling Station – birthed out of fasting
The early meeting in Box, Wiltshire, became our first Filling Station meeting. It was born out of a group of new Christians, who had done Alpha. Richard Fothergill suggested they fast one Saturday and see what the Lord said about the future of their meeting. It was this day of fasting where the Lord spoke: the meeting needed to be much more outward looking, and change it’s name to the Filling Station.
Jesus says when you fast – not if you fast! When Jesus delivered a boy from a demon, he said some of these only come out with fasting and prayer. He came prepared in his ministry. In the same way, there may be things we need specific breakthrough in, and so we need to fast! Matthew 17:14-21:
‘And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him.”
Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.” And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.
Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”
So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.” –
- A revelation on the power of fasting at Filling Station.
- Breakthrough – we pray we would see many breakthroughs as a result of this – and you’d stir us in this area Lord!
- Testimonies – may there be many testimonies – and greater freedom in kingdom lifestyle. We want to be directed by you Father in this area – you are gracious and kind and loving – you also want to release your kingdom in us.
- The youth would catch this – we pray for those you are raising up, there would be a fresh wave and enthusiasm in this.
2. The Persecuted Church
In the UK, we don’t face much persecution for faith, but in other countries it’s totally different – they face imprisonment, or death. As we look at the persecuted church, it is one way of connecting with God’s heart.
- North Korea
- Let us connect with your heart Lord, that we could connect with you as we pray for these nations.
- Show us Lord how you weep over these nations. Let us increasingly connect with how you feel. Mark us, that this would be something that you imprint upon our spirits.
- May these Christians shine out and have opportunities to witness to others. May there be reconciliation between Israel and Gaza, and your people would be bringers of peace and standing up for things of your Kingdom.
- Eritrea, some have been locked up away from their families for 20 years, in shipping containers. We pray mighty God that you will speak release – you will order the release of these men. Have mercy on them.
- We pray for a revitalisation to be able to preach the gospel, we want an urgency to come in the west. We thank you for our brothers and sisters who are persecuted but are still faithful. Inspire and encourage us here in our nation to go deeper with you. Set our hearts on fire Lord for this.
- Praying for the children in these nations: some of them have never seen anything but war. Raise them up Lord! And help them to be peacemakers.
3. A Prayer Wave
The Lord wants to break off any preconceived ideas of what prayer must be. There are so many different ways of praying, where He can lead us into ways of praying.
- A House of Prayer needs to be a house of joy! We pray that our Filling Station communities would be places of joy, but also places of prayer.
- God would you stir up prayer within the Filling Station network – and we would be gripped with knowing this is crucial!
- Thank you for Lord for brothers and sisters in other nations, that they pray differently and in different tongues. Lord instigate this wave of prayer!
- Have mercy on us in our generation
Next Prayer Shot & Fasting dates:
- 8-9am, Tuesday 9th January 2024
- 8-9am, Tuesday 6th February 2024
- 8-9am, Tuesday 5th March 2024