“Prayer Shot” – January summary
On Tuesday 9th January, a small group of Staff Team, Filling Station Hosts and guests, gathered to pray online, led by Richard & Jo.
Psalm 97 – The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice.
Clouds and thick darkness surround him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.
Fire goes before him and consumes his foes on every side.
His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles.
The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, before the Lord of all the earth.
The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all peoples see his glory.
All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols—worship him, all you gods!
Zion hears and rejoices and the villages of Judah are glad because of your judgments, Lord.
For you, Lord, are the Most High over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods.
Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
Light shines on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.
Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name.”
John 1:5 – The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Psalm 27:13 – I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
Psalm 110:3 – Your troops will be willing on your day of battle. Arrayed in holy splendour, your young men will come to you like dew from the morning’s womb.
Numbers 21 – ‘Gather the people together and I will give them water.’ Then Israel sang this song: ‘Spring up, O well! Sing about it, about the well that the princes dug, that the nobles of the people sank – the nobles with sceptres and staffs.’
Ezekiel 37:4-6 – “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”
Matthew 9:38 – Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
Isaiah 62:6, 10 – I have posted watchmen on the walls of Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night.’ They will praise my name across the land. ‘As they travel, they will build up the highway Remove the stones raise a banner for the nations’
- The Lord is in control in this dark world. We pray for righteousness and justice to be worked out on the earth, for the wicked to tremble before you Lord.
- We want to focus on your glory, not the darkness around us. May we see your glory and be light bearers.
- Lord, we pray that you would take new ground in 2024, and we pray that we would go with you. For us to be obedient and take that new territory. Let us build your kingdom wherever we go.
- Thank you that you reign. May people rejoice in your goodness and throw down their false idols.
- May the coastlands of the UK rejoice as you move across this land. Use the Filling Station, open doors before us. The year of the open door.
- May people see us reflecting your light, rejoicing and being people of joy. May the whole network be known as a place of light and joy, attracting people in.
- Make us the goodness of God to the youth, help the older generation to mentor and shepherd the young people so they can do the same for those around them. May your light shine and your goodness run after them.
- Thank you Lord for our Staff retreat, and all our different giftings.
- May this rising young generation discover the Filling Station and come and drink from your well.
- Lord we pray for teams who need more/new team members. Raise up new leaders.
- Finance – praise report – but also prayer is needed as we are growing, and more resources needed.
- CRNet conference – thank you for the door opened there.
- Refuel – thanks for all that’s happening across Scotland as they criss-cross the nation. P
- Hands at Work – equipping the local churches to serve their community in the poorest areas. For the children who without HAW may not survive, for our prayers to cover them and protect them. You know them all by name. Prayer for your light to shine in this dark place, push back the darkness and come in power. Prayer for the care workers who volunteer, raise up the right ones.
Next Prayer Shot & fasting dates:
- 8-9am, Tuesday 6th February 2024
- 8-9am, Tuesday 5th March 2024
- 8-9am, Tuesday 9th April 2024